The average meeting can be boring at the best of times. When you factor in how strange this year has been–mixed with the fact that most meetings are virtual these days–the boring-at-best meeting has in many cases become unbearable.
But it doesn’t have to be. Because during the COVID-19 pandemic, and even once the pandemic is behind us, there’s a simple cure to unbearable meetings: taking your meeting to an off-site location.
Here are nine reasons why going off-site can revolutionize your meetings.
- Professional Appearance: First and foremost, holding meetings off-site can convey a professional appearance, which is a huge perk for solo pros or small businesses hosting meetings with remote staff or customers. If you don’t have an office equipped with a meeting room, renting one (like one of our fully-appointed meeting spaces at Co-Balt) can be an incredible alternative to, say, a coffee shop.
- Top-Tier Amenities: Whether you have an office with a meeting space or not, this can still be a massive perk. Booking an off-site meeting space gives you access to all kinds of incredible amenities that will help you run a better, more enjoyable, and more productive meeting. For example, at Co-Balt, our meeting rooms come equipped with 55-inch TV’s paired with AirTame screen mirroring. You also get access to a fully-appointed kitchen with free coffee–and craft beer, if your meeting is going that way!
- Reliable Cleanliness and Sanitation: During the pandemic, one of the most important things about meeting in person is knowing that the space where you’re gathering will be properly sanitized and cleaned. When you rent a reliable off-site meeting space, you’ll have the peace of mind that your meeting space has been adequately cleaned before your arrival to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Fresh Perspective: There’s nothing like a change of scenery to inspire a fresh perspective and get the creative juices flowing. It may seem like a small detail, but getting into a new place can stimulate a different way of thinking and approaching problems.
- Morale Boosts: Hosting an off-site meeting shows your team or customers that you’re invested in creating a memorable experience for them. Even this small show of dedication can go a long way in boosting morale and forming stronger connections.
- Reduced Interruptions and Distractions: Going off-site for a meeting can help reduce interruptions and distractions. In-house meetings often feel mundane and, as such, attendees can take them less seriously–arriving late, taking longer-than-planned breaks, checking email, whatever it may be. Taking a meeting off-site creates a sense of formality that gets your guests dialed in and ready to focus.
- Much-Needed In-Person Facetime: This is more relevant now than ever, but is still important under normal circumstances. With so many meetings taking place over video conferencing platforms or phone calls, the ability to get people together for some in-person facetime can go a long way in reinforcing bonds, boosting engagement, and rebuilding team morale.
- Higher Productivity Levels: What do you get when you mix fewer distractions with a fresh perspective, high-quality amenities, and greater engagement? You get higher levels of productivity, making your off-site meetings significantly more impactful than in-house or virtual meetings.
- Convenience Without the High Costs: Many professionals and companies simply don’t need an office space. But no office space means no in-person meeting space and, in turn, the need to use places like coffee shops to host team or customer meetings. Luckily, off-site meeting spaces afford you the ability to have convenience when you need it without taking on the high costs of physical office space.
As the old adage goes, “variety is the spice of life.”
In a year that’s been challenging, to say the least, finding ways to break the monotony for yourself, your team, and your customers can make things more enjoyable–even your meetings.
If you’d like to learn more about our meeting spaces, you can check them out here or get in touch with us today to book a tour.
We love hosting off-site meetings and would be happy to host you and your team or customers!
Want to Revolutionize Your Meetings with Colleagues and Customers?
Book a tour of our space today!