Summer is just around the corner. And it’s shaping up to be the most normal one since the start of the pandemic.
So, if you’re preparing to map out your plans for the summer months, we’re here to help you get started.
Here are 24 incredible local destinations, activities, and events for you to check out.
24 Things To Do in Baltimore this Summer
- Visit the Maryland State Fair. It’s running from August 25-September 11, 2022, and will have all the good stuff—exciting rides, great food, and memory-making shows and rodeos.
- Attend a music festival. Reggae Rise Up Music Festival is happening from July 29-31, 2022, and Moonrise Festival is from August 6-7, 2022.
- Enjoy some classical music in the park. The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra hosts a number of outdoor events at the Patterson Park Observatory over the summer months. And, if you’re a Harry Potter fan (who isn’t?!), check out the BSO’s Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in concert on August 12.
- Celebrate July 4th with an adrenaline rush! Six Flags is hosting the Coca-Cola July 4th fest, so you can celebrate with some epic rides and epic fireworks this year.
- Catch some free live music at the WTMD First Thursday Festival, happening at Canton Waterfront Park on the—you guessed it—first Thursday of each month.
- Hang out at HONfest! This annual event is happening June 11-12 and is to celebrate the working women that made Baltimore what it is today! Hon is a classic Bawlmer term of endearment, and we celebrate together at a lively festival that covers four city blocks around 36th street.
- Celebrate the city at Hampdenfest! This annual event typically takes place on the second or third Saturday in September—check back on the Hampdenfest website soon for 2022 dates!
Food & drink
- Try out a new restaurant during Baltimore Restaurant Week. The festival takes place from July 22-31, 2022 and it’s the perfect time to check out a new spot or try a different type of cuisine.
- Hit a patio for a local pint. Diamondback, Mobtown Brewing, and Full Tilt Brewing all have large outdoor spaces to kick back and enjoy a beer.
- Or, hit a patio for a meal! Baltimore has a bunch of excellent outdoor dining options, ranging from quaint courtyards to rooftops to waterfront views.
- Grab a picnic lunch at Lexington Market or the B&O Farmers Market and then head up to Federal Hill Park and enjoy some views while eating.
- Catch an outdoor movie. The Merriweather Post Pavilion hosts free outdoor movie nights in the summer with both new (Encanto) and old (The Goonies) classics. The Maryland Zoo also hosts outdoor movies throughout the summer.
- Get messy and leave your mark at the annual Maryland Science Center’s Mess Fest. It takes place on August 6-7 and is free with admission.
- Bring your kids to Summer Nature Camp with the Irvine Nature Center.
- Stay cool at an outdoor pool or splash park.
- Sing your heart out at an outdoor concert. The Pier Six Pavilion is an epic waterfront venue with an equally epic line-up of summer concerts, including Norah Jones, ZZ Top, and Alicia Keys.
- Take the Baltimore Water Taxi to explore the city and harbor by boat! It’s the perfect afternoon activity on a warm, sunny day.
- Hang out at the Sandlot with friends. Enjoy a day at the beach with a beer or cocktail. Make sure to pack some sunscreen and water!
- Play tourist in your own city by checking out some of the city’s top attractions: Maryland Zoo, Fort McHenry National Monument, the Baltimore Museum of Art, or the Walters Art Museum.
- Cheer on the Orioles at a game this summer! Camden Yards is celebrating 30 years, so check out some of the special ticket offers and events coming up.
- Go whitewater rafting! It’s an adventure like no other and you can pick your speed depending on where you go.
- Explore Baltimore by sailboat with American Sailing Tours.
- Zipline, jump, soar, and swing at Terrapin Adventures. You can either spend the day at the park or check out a “beyond the park” tour to go kayaking, caving, or backpacking.
- Get out in nature and go for a hike. There are so many hike options for all levels in and around Baltimore.
While we’ve rounded up some of the best things to do in Baltimore this summer, there’s no way we can include everything.
If you’re looking for a flexible office with tons of outdoor space for summer working, book a tour of Co-Balt today.