Be honest—how many times have you received a gift during the holidays that is now collecting dust somewhere?
There are too many generic, boring gifts out there. But if you want to leave your clients with a meaningful and memorable token this year, this one’s for you.
The good news is that you don’t need to break the bank for a good gift, either. You can definitely save money in your small business budget by choosing your gifts wisely.
Here are 13 of our favorite holiday gift ideas for small businesses to give to their clients this year.
13 Unique Client Holiday Gift Ideas for Small Businesses
What makes a good holiday gift? Well, it’s not another keychain, Pot of Gold chocolate box, or free event t-shirt.
Instead of generic gifts that get stuffed in a desk drawer, choose something that your clients will love and appreciate. Great holiday gifts are at least one of these:
- Useful: Get something that’s highly practical and will be used frequently by your client.
- Memorable: Experiential gifts are a way to make memories and a lasting impression for years to come.
- Thoughtful: Show your client you know and value them with a personalized or unique gift.
And the good news is that exciting gifts don’t have to be expensive, either. There are plenty of cost-effective options that still make an impact—we rounded up 13 of our favorite gift ideas in three categories for you to check out.
Branded Holiday Gift Ideas for Small Businesses
Holiday gifts aren’t only a great way to show your appreciation to a client, but they can also be an effective marketing tool.
Choose a high-quality, useful gift and put your company’s logo on it. Whenever they use it, they’ll think of you. It can also generally boost brand exposure as the people they interact with also see it.
These branded holiday gift ideas for small businesses need to be chosen carefully, though. You don’t want more “junk” sitting in a desk drawer somewhere.
- Potted plant or flower: Companies like Lively Root design corporate plant gifts and can add your logo to the pot.
- Wine, coffee, or tea: Create a custom label to add some personality to your client’s drink of choice. Zazzle or XYZ are platforms you can use to create a label.
- Portable charging dock: 4Imprint sells branded charging docks and devices. It’s a practical solution for your on-the-go clients who always need an extra charge.
- Golf balls: Other sports equipment will also fit here, but a lot of professionals love their golf! Sick your logo on some and make their next game one to remember. Swag is a great website for branded golf balls and other gifts.
Experiential Holiday Gift Ideas for Small Businesses
Give the gift of good memories with an experiential gift. This is something that your client can see or do, such as an activity or event. These holiday gift ideas for small businesses are sure to make a big impact.
- Conference tickets: Now that in-person conferences are back, it’s a great time to get your client an industry-specific event ticket. 10times has a comprehensive list of global conferences, where you can filter by categories and locations.
- Game tickets: Hopefully you’ve learned your clients’ favorite teams by now, so surprise and delight them with some tickets to the next game!
- Meeting room credits: While this may not be the most exciting of the bunch, it’s highly practical. Get your client the gift of a productive workspace! If they’re located here in Baltimore, Co-Balt’s meeting room credits are a useful gift for them to host their next gathering or presentation.
- Airbnb experience: If you know your client is traveling over the holidays or visit other cities for work, select a memorable Airbnb experience. These events and activities are led by locals and range from food tours to art classes to bike rides.
- Catered lunch: Send a gift that your client’s team can all enjoy. Catered lunch or a basket of treats (donuts and cookies are always crowd-pleasers) will make an impression on the whole office.
Personalized Holiday Gift Ideas for Small Businesses
For the clients you really want to “wow,” choose something thoughtful and personalized. It’ll go a long way to demonstrating your appreciation for your working relationship together.
- Notebook: Select a high-quality notebook and add your client’s name or company logo to it. This personal touch elevates the gift and makes it more special. Moleskine is a popular brand, or you can check out the variety of customizable options on Etsy.
- Charitable donation: Making a donation to a charity in your client’s name is a great way to give back and do something meaningful. Try to select something local or related to their industry for maximum impact.
- Subscription service: There are endless options in this category, from physical boxes that arrive at your door (check out Cratejoy’s hundreds of options) or 100% digital options like Audible. Try to choose something related to your client’s interests or field of work.
- Book: Recommended reading can be a really meaningful gift. Choose a book that you loved this year and combine it with a handwritten note about why you chose it. You may want to take a peek at our list of 8 essential business books for some inspiration.
There’s no right or wrong when it comes to client gifts. But there can be good or bad ones! When considering holiday gift ideas for small businesses, you want to choose a great option.
Make your gift stand out by selecting something unique, thoughtful, practical, memorable, or, well… all of the above. You’ll leave a lasting impression with your gift and keep them as a client for years to come.
If you’re a small business owner or independent professional looking for the support and tools offered by a full-service office, book a tour of Co-Balt today.